Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Monday, August 29, 2005

Ritzy Chicken

This recipe is in honor of MommaK, who wrote a little blurb this morning about cooking and not always having the best results. I know how you feel! So here is one of my favorite foolproof recipes. It's pretty enough for company, yet cheap and easy enough to feed your family on an ordinary night. And it tastes GREAT.

Ingredients

2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (I use one individually-wrapped "package" from a Ritz box of four)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sherry (I use cooking sherry from the supermarket)
8 boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

With food processor, blend Ritz crackers, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic. Place in shallow dish.
Mix butter and sherry in second shallow dish.
Dip each chicken piece in butter mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Arrange in shallow foil-lined pan. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over chicken, then sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, for one hour at 350 degrees.
Serve over angel hair pasta or rice.

Serves: 4-6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Mmmmmm! This sounds great!! Thank you for thinking of me! I'll try it this week and let you know how it turns out. I can tell I will be spending a lot of time here:)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Oh, that sounds so yummy!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Stopping by to say that I made it tonight and we all loved it:)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not very familiar with the food processor/don't own one. Is there a particular way to create this dish without it? Or will that mess up the recipe? Thanks!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

You can just crumble up some crackers by hand, but I'd seriously recommend buying a food processor if you get a chance. I got a cheap one at Target ($20) that I've used for years and I end up getting it out all the time for anything that needs to be chopped. It's much easier.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home