Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Boyscout Burgers




You'll never go back to ordinary burgers again. Great on the grill or sauteed on the stove, topped with a little smoked gouda and sandwiched in King's Hawaiian buns if you can find them. WOW!

Ingredients

for hamburger patties:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup crumbs (may be made from 8 Saltines)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard

for hamburger sauce:

1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Combine burger patty ingredients and form patties 3/4" to 1" thick.
Combine ingredients with sauce and coat one side of patties.
Cook with sauce side to fire or pan. Add sauce second time before turning. Cook 7-8 minutes on each side, about 4 inches from medium flame if you're grilling. Turn carefully with two spatulas.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
Serves: 4-6

1 Comments:

Blogger mamaloo said...

Sounds delish! We call these "Kemmler Burgers" after my family name, as my mum made them weekly. I'll have to try this version with the sauce!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home