Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Best Egg Salad I've Found Yet

I made this egg salad for a picnic and it was delicious! Even better the next day.

Ingredients

5 large hard-cooked eggs, mashed into small pieces
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery (optional- I don't use celery)
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon grated onion (use a sprinkling of onion powder if you don't have onion on hand)
3/4 teaspoon dried salad seasoning (I used Italian dressing seasoning)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
white sandwich bread

Directions

Combine first 11 ingredients in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill 3 hours.

Spread 2 tablespoons egg mixture evenly on bread. If cutting into finger sandwiches, freeze bread 15 minutes to make it easier to slice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home