Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mediterranean Shrimp Scampi




Easy? Check. Low-cal? Check. Inexpensive? Check. Delicious? Check.

Ingredients

1 tsp olive oil
5 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 lbs 31-40 count shrimp
1 cup crumbled feta
8 oz. thin spaghetti noodles, cooked
4 tablespoons chopped green olives (optional)
Chardonnay

Directions

-Preheat oven to 400.

-In dutch oven or heavy saucepan, heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic, saute 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup parsley and tomatoes, add enough Chardonnay to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.

-Add shrimp, cook until opaque- about five minutes. Add a little more Chardonnay if needed.

-Blend mixture with cooked spaghetti noodles. Pour into baking pan. Cover and bake 10 minutes.

-Add five Tablespoons of green olives and feta. Mix. Top with fresh chopped parsley. Pour remaning broth over all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

This is really delish! I made it the other night, even using whole wheat spaghetti and reduced fat feta...it was scruptious! Two paws up from the MomCat!

8:18 PM  
Blogger mod*mom said...

mmmmmmmmmm
your blog makes me hungry
+ i just ate dinner...
i'll start tomorrow

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home