Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Delicious and Quick Mini-Pizzas


These mini-pizzas are a wonderful last-minute option and they taste great. Most adults won't be able to eat more than two pizzas, since the crust rolls out larger than you'd expect. I've found that one can of biscuit dough is plenty for a family of four.

Ingredients

1 can Grands Biscuits
Pasta/pizza sauce
Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
Pepperoni

Directions

-Spray nonstick cookie sheet with spray oil. Roll out biscuit rounds into mini-pizza crusts, about 5 inches in diameter, and place on cookie sheet.
-Top crusts with a tablespoonful of pasta sauce, cheese and pepperonis. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crusts are golden brown.
-Try other toppings if you'd like. Some time, I'm going to try alfredo sauce, cheese and bits of that prepackaged roasted chicken.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chicky said...

Your favorite bbq sauce, some cooked or ground turkey/chicken, and some purple onion are delish too!

5:00 PM  
Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

I've done this before, only with toasted hamburger buns. I'm sure it wasn't as tasty as biscuit dough, but it was a very quick and easy last-minute option!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

the biscuits are a great idea. i usually use pita for an even quicker step. such a great friday night dinner when you're too tired from the week to really cook! :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger dillyweed said...

Just so you know, I am a BIG fan of pictures with recipes. It makes me less scared to try something new when I can see what it is supposed to look like. Thanks for the pic.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We tried these last night!! Perfection! We used sausage instead of pepperoni since that is what the kids prefer. I also did two for my husband and I with homeade garlic paste, goat cheese and fresh tomatoes...yummy!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

That's a great idea. I keep meaning to experiment with new toppings, like chicken and alfredo sauce, for example...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home