Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Favorite Macaroni and Cheese

Delicious and easy and in honor of Katie Allison Granju.

Ingredients

1 8-oz. package elbow macaroni, cooked
2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
1 8-oz. carton sour cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Paprika

Directions

Drain and rinse macaroni, set aside. Blend cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt and cheddar. Fold in macaroni. Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Yum!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Mmmm, that sounds delish!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Impetua said...

OMG you cannot sully the sanctity of mac 'n cheese with (shudder) cottage cheese. It's just not right.

11:16 PM  
Blogger The other me said...

I am so going to try this thankyou.!!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this and it was wonderful and perfect. Thank you for sharing.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home