Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chicken a la King

Here's a perfect use for your leftover chicken dish, and it only takes a few minutes to make. I used leftover Durkee's Chicken to make this one and my family thought it was marvelous.

Ingredients

2 frozen puff pastry shells or 1 package refrigerated croissants
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/4 cup of milk or half and half
1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained (I don't use this ingredient)
1 (4-ounce) can or jar mushrooms, drained
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Bake puff pastry shells or croissants according to package directions.

Meanwhile, combine chicken and remaining five ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over low heat ten minutes, stirring often. Spoon into puff pasty shells or over croissant halves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home