Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Friday, September 09, 2005

For Indigo- Easy Cheesy Bacon Bites- An Appetizer

These work well as an appetizer or as a fancy bread to go with a simple main course. Whatever you do with them, they're friggin' delicious.

Ingredients

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons chopped onion or garlic
1 pkg refrigerated crescent roll dough
1/4 cup bacon pieces
1 /8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, onion/garlic and black pepper. Mix well.
-Unroll crescent dough. Separate into two large rectangles on cutting board. Press perforations together to seal. Spread cram cheese mixture on each rectangle. Starting at longest side, roll up each rectangle in jelly roll fashion, press seams together to seal.
-Cut each roll into 16 slices with serrated knife. Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 32 appetizers

*As an alternative filling, use 1/4 cup Parmesan, 4 teaspoons of Rosemary and 1/2 cup softened cream cheese.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have an excellent weekend!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home