Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Taco Casserole

Here's a great, easy dinner that my whole family loves. Trust me, it's even better than it looks. You won't be disappointed...

Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef
8 oz. macaroni
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
2 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
2 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped green onions

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until brown. Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix. Stir in pasta.
Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13" baking dish.
Bake 30-35 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips over individual portions (or over entire casserole if it's for a party and won't be reheated- I learned the hard way that the chips become soggy if you have leftovers). Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream, if desired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That sounds yummy! I'm thinking I'll try that Tuesday!

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just tried this recipe last night and it was a big hit! Everyone loved it - all 3 kids and the hubby. And so easy. It's a definite keeper. Thanks a bunch!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home