Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Monday, November 21, 2005

Cranberry Apple Casserole

My mom brought this for Thanksgiving several years ago and I've been making it ever since. It's one of her friend's family recipes and you won't believe how good it is- and how simple it is to make. Tastes like a dessert, really. I LOVE it- and normally, I can't stand cranberries!

Ingredients:

3-4 sliced, unpeeled apples
1 (12 oz) bag cranberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup oatmeal (the real kind, not instant!)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 stick melted butter

Directions:

-Layer 1/2 cranberries, then 1/2 apples, then 1/2 sugars, then 1/2 oatmeal. Repeat layers. Drizzle butter over the top.
-Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
-Five minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle nuts on top and finish baking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Lucinda, how many does this serve? It looks delicious, but I'm going to a dinner with 18 people invited. Would doubling it work? Would I be able to find a casserole dish large enough or should I just make two?

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home