Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Monday, November 21, 2005

Party Potatoes


This ain't your ordinary mashed potaters. Save this recipe for special occasions. It's one of my Thanksgiving staples.

Ingredients:

1 (5 lb) bag white potatoes, peeled and boiled
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (8 0z) carton sour cream
1 small onion, grated
1/4 cup chopped chives
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pint unsweetened whipping cream, whipped
6 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 lb bacon, fried, drained and crumbled (use turkey bacon if you want to make this slightly more healthy)

Directions:

-Drain potatoes, cream.
-Mix with cream cheese, butter, sour cream, onion, chives, salt and pepper.
-Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch casserole dish.
-Ice with whipped cream. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. If not browned on top, place under broiler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home