Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Monday, October 31, 2005

Incredible Chicken and Broccoli Pot Pies

These come from my mom's personal cookbook. I finally tried them last night and they are surprisingly wonderful. Pretty, too. The cheese sauce is my own recipe.

Ingredients

2 cans of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup Rice Crispies
2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup cooked cubed chicken or turkey (I used Tyson's pre-grilled chicken as a shortcut)
1 can condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 pakcage frozen hopped broccoli, cooked and well-drained
1/3 cup sliced almonds
Cheese sauce

Directions

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Separate biscuit dough and place each biscuit in greased muffin cup; press dough to cover bottom and sides, forming 1/4-inch rim.
Spoon about a tablespoon of cheese, then a tablespoon of cereal into each cup; dot each cup with margarine.
Combine chicken, soup and broccoli; spoon about 1/3 cup over cereal. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until biscuit cups are deep, golden brown. Top with cheese sauce if desired.

Cheese Sauce

Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions

In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
Add flour, salt, pepper, and parika to melted butter. Over low heat, stir together until smooth.
Gradually stir in milk, cook stirring constantly until thickened and smooth.
Add cheese and mustard to hot sauce, stir until well-blended. Serve immediately. Also great over vegetables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home