Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Durkee's Chicken

This recipe is both easy and a great money-saver. Buy the largest package of breasts you can find so that you'll have a couple of halves left over; use them in the Chicken a la King recipe the next night. Also, a jar of Durkee's is good for two batches of this chicken! My family loves it!

Ingredients


6 chicken breast halves
1/4 cup AP or whole wheat flour
1/2 cup butter, melted, or 1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup Durkee's Famous sauce (1/2 of a bottle)
3 cups cooked rice

Directions

Place flour in small, flat container, dredge chicken breast halves in it and place in single layer in shallow baking dish.

Blend butter and Durkee's; pour over chicken.

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover, bake 15 minutes more or until brown. Serve chicken atop bed of rice, pour drippings over all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Durkee's? I never heard of it. Do you get it at the grocery store?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Yes. It's in the condiments section. I've never had trouble finding it, even in smaller groceries.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be regional. I tried to find it with no luck in my Minnesota grocery store. Bummer! It sounded really good. I ended up using a Carribean Jerk sauce instead, which was also good.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Aww, man! It's sort of a cross between Dijon and mayonnaise...

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home