Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Almond Vanilla Breakfast Ring

I'm making this today for my new playgroup. It's about the best breakfast recipe I know of. Easy to make, but tastes like the most delicious, difficult gourmet pull-apart bread.

Ingredients

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
24 frozen unbaked yeast dinner rolls
2 Tablespoons vanilla or butterscotch instant pudding

Directions

-Heat brown sugar, butter, almond extract in microwave on high for one minute. Stir until blended, microwave one minute more or until bubbly.

-Arrange frozen rolls in lightly-greased bundt pan. Drizzle sugar mixture evenly over rolls. Sprinkle with pudding mix and almonds. Cover and let stand at room temperature three hours.

-Bake uncovered on lower oven rack at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.

Invert pan onto lightly greased plate. Serve warm.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a quick question for you (if you have time!)... I'm going to make this for Thanksgiving morning. Do you think I could put it in the fridge the night before instead of letting it rise for three hours at room temp? Just don't want to have to get up at 4am. :) Thanks!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Ha ha, I'm making it tomorrow morning, too. :)

I've never tried that, but it might work. I think the room temp thing is important, though. What you might want to do is prepare it the night before, keep it in the freezer, then set your alarm just to take it out of the freezer and put it on the counter. It's worth it- It tastes divine.

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the response! I'm sure you're up to your elbows in Thanksgiving prep....

Great idea about the recipe. Will do! My friends will be so impressed. ;)

Thanks again.

7:59 AM  
Blogger scaredymama said...

I made these for our Tday dinner today and they were a hit. I made the dough on Friday and put it in the fridge, then pulled it out this morning (sunday) and shaped and baked them. I substituted 1/2 c of wheat flour just to add a little texture, but I think next time I'll go all white for the fluffiness factor. To hell with fiber, it's Tday dinner!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home