Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Honey Cream Filled Crescents

I'm posting a lot of breakfast recipes on this site, but I ended up making these yesterday for my playgroup out of desperation (I had all the ingredients on hand) and they were superb. They got raves and were all eaten up (I made two batches) and they are just sooo easy.

Ingredients:

4 oz. softened cream cheese
3 tablespoons honey, divided
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
Dash of ground cinnamon

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the honey. Stir in almonds.

-Unroll crescent roll dough, separate into 8 triangles. Spread one rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto each triangle, roll up loosely, starting at the shortest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point (like you would normally roll up a crescent roll). Place rolls on baking sheet, curve each into crescent shape. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

-Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve rolls warm, drizzled or brushed with remaining honey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oooooh, aaaaah, those sound simply heavenly!!!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom buys the mini crescent rolls and puts a piece of a Hershey's chocolate bar inside... mm eating it warm with melted milk chocolate... sooo yummy. Haha. Not particularly healthy, mind you.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home