Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honey and Spice Cranberry Sauce

A Thanksgiving staple.

Ingredients

1 12-oz bag fresh cranberries
1 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
3/4 cup honey
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
1 T grated orange peel
6 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
Pinch of salt

Directions

-Combine all ingredients in a heavy, large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat.
-Simmer until berries burst and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
-Remove sticks, cloves and bay leaf. Refrigerate. Can make up to three days ahead of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home