Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients

-Pumpkin seeds
-salt
-Old Bay seasoning (optional)
-olive oil (optional)
-soy sauce (optional

Directions

Wash seeds. Soak in water for 8-24 hours. Dry with paper towels. (They do not need to be completely dry for this recipe).
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Spray a tray with non-stick spray, then spread pumpkin seeds on it and season with Old Bay and salt, or whatever spices you prefer.
Roast in oven for about an hour to 1 hour, 20 minutes, taking pan out every 10-15 minutes to shake seeds around.
Once seeds are done, you might want to drizzle a little olive oil and soy sauce over the seeds, then stir them up. The soy sauce has gotten raves from others online, but I personally haven't tried it yet. I was just happy to find a recipe that didn't scorch my seeds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home