Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Noni's Creamed Corn

I dare you to find a better creamed corn recipe than this one. Kids love it- adults do, too!

Ingredients

16 oz. frozen corn
1 cup cream
1 tsp Lawry's salt
dash Lawry's seasoned pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour (slightly heaping)
2 tablespoons butter

Directions

-Heat cream in pan. Add corn, sugar, salt and pepper.
-Melt butter in small skillet, add flour and make a roux.
-Add roux to corn and cook until thickened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home