Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Noni's Turkey Continental Soup

Another classic from my amazing mother-in-law, "Noni." Best turkey leftovers EVER. Don't believe me? Try it.

Ingredients

Turkey carcass
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped turkey
2 cups turkey broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 cup celery
2 cups diced raw potatoes
1 large can evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon vinegar
1 can cream-style corn

Directions

-Cut meat from bones. Simmer bones 3 hours in water to cover. Strain for resulting turkey broth.
-In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add chopped turkey, onion, celery, saute until onion is transparent.
-Add everything except milk and corn. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add milk and corn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolina Mama said...

Love your Easy Yeast Rolls recipe I got on Twitter from you today. :) Am trying now - except I used the bleached flour all purpose... will it work? they're rising in the frig now. stay tuned.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Well, tell me if it worked! :)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

By the way, I froze all my leftover turkey broth in two-cup increments, so that we can have this soup a few more times this year! :)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home