Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Spinach Parmesan Balls

These make a great party appetizer, but I really love them as a dinner side. This is a great way to make vegetables palatable, it's inexpensive, uses ingredients you have on hand, and is really very easy!

INGREDIENTS

2 (10 oz) boxes frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry
4 T butter, melted
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 t minced garlic
1/2 t Italian seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 t black pepper
1 t salt

DIRECTIONS

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray
-Stir all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Form mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place one inch apart on baking sheet. (I made larger balls and served two to a plate as a dinner side. They were excellent.)
-Bake 15 minutes, until puffed and slightly brown. Serve warm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made this several times and everyone loves it, even people who don't like spinach. My 3-year-old neighbor can even help make it - she was actually good at forming the balls.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home