Chef Mom

I've collected these recipes from family members, out-of-print cookbooks, magazines, and the backs of food cartons. I've modified quite a few of them and, I think, made them even better. I only put my family's favorites on this site, because I'd like for my friends to have as many good food memories as we do. Enjoy...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Orleans Pancakes

This recipe comes from a typewritten cookbook I bought for 25 cents at an estate sale. It was written by the Woman's Club of The United States Public Health Service Hospital from New Orleans, Louisiana in 1967 so I figured it would have some great, old school New Orleans-style recipes. And I was right! This is one of my favorites, and I typically have all the ingredients on hand. It makes a pancake that's like a cross between a crepe and a pancake. YUM.

INGREDIENTS

4 Eggs
1 cup cottage cheese or Ricotta
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 light cup flour

DIRECTIONS

Mix all ingredients and drop by large spoonfuls on griddle like pancakes. Serve with jams, jellies, or butter and syrup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Misti said...

All I have to say is WOW!!!! That was the best pancake I've ever tasted in my whole life! My kids loved this recipe! I love old cookbooks like that...

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home